Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day two and we've only just begun

It's 8AM and you, my daughters had better still be in bed! Here, on the other hand, we are already transported to another atmosphere. As in Star Wars lingo. Their only problem this morning was that they all wanted to be on the same team. No problem kids...just pretend like the enemy is invisable and you all are one great force. It worked.

Bedtime last night was reeeaaallly prolonged! That is to be expected on the first night though, as they are always wound up. First it was Miss Suzy stories and a new one was created by Marco...'Miss Suzy goes to church'. They even thought Miss Suzy could be looking in the window at us to see how we tell bedtime stories.

Then came the, "but I want to sleep beside Nana" ( remember when the big ones were little and they all had to be touching Nana as they fell asleep?) Gus won the first night and we flip flop every night so all are happy. It took forever for 'LIGHTS OUT' and then the giggling began. After a LONG time I had to threaten cancelling todays trip to the candy store. That was the magic threat....I will remember that.

Just as I was falling asleep, Gus had to engage in one more conversation.....
Gus..."Nana why do you sleep with a pillow between your knees?"
Nana...."Because my knees hurt and that makes it feel better."
Gus...."Why do your knees hurt?"
Nana...."Because I need new knees."
Gus...."How are you going to do that."
Nana...." The doctor will do that"
Gus....."How?"
Nana..." He will cut out my old ones and give me new ones."
Gus....."That's pretty cool" ( I'm thinking, pretty cool my hind legs!!!)
Nana...."Yeah, that's cool...good night Gus"
Gus...." Nana?"
Nana...."hmmmm?"
Gus...." I love you"
Nana...."Ilove you too, Gussy"

These high energy never-stop-for-a-moment kids have my heart 100%. I only hope they will have these precious memories that live in their hearts long after we are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment