Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quiet Reflection....A Handcuffed Kid

I had a few moments of quiet reflection as Ana was napping and Papa walked the other four to the park. I started to post a few thoughts when in walked Joel...crying and in handcuffs! The look on my face must have asked the question. He said, "I fell and I hurt EVERYWHERE" Ok, just sit down and tell me where you are injured.( For those of you who don't know, Joel is our drama queen when he is sick or injured) As he attempted to pull up his pants leg, I asked, " Why are you handcuffed?"His tears turned into gales of laughter. They were playing some sort of 'catch the bad guy' game and when he headed for home to 'NURSE NANA" he forgot to get have Marco take them off...and Marco has the keys! So here we are...I'm cleansing and doctoring up his wounds...he is in handcuffs...it could only happen during Ragamuffin Week. He is now sitting in Papa's recliner, his leg elevated with an icepack taped to his jeans, just in case it slips off, you know. And Papa is laughing, threatening to take his picture.

As for the more serious, reflective thoughts. They will have to wait til tonight. Seth just pooped and needs to get in the 'poop box'. Gus is trying to retrieve the handcuffs from Marco. Marco just tromped on Gus' feet. I need to check the ham. And daughter #2 just called to check on her little ones...need to return the call.Later........

No comments:

Post a Comment