Wednesday, April 8, 2009

She understands Autism

Today, amidst the 'busy-ness' of the ragamuffins, my friend, Kyle came out to chat with me and hang out with the grandkids. I had warned her, so she knew it would be anything but a quiet chat session, but she came anyhow.

She called to see if it would be alright to bring treats for the kids. I told her 'sure' but not to be offended if Seth looked at his treat and said, "No thank you." Being autistic, his food range is very limited and he eats very little candy. He does like 'Laffy Taffy' but his candy taste is pretty much limited to grape flavor. So I told her not to worry about it, he would be fine.

When she arrived, she had chocolate bunnies for Joel, Marco, Gus, and Ana, and GRAPE LAFFY TAFFY for Seth. She hunted til she found it! She understands Autism, and that means the world to me.

1 comment: