Monday, April 6, 2009

NO CONSTIPATION HERE!

OK...My high-tech girls set up this blog in honor of 'ragamuffin week', and patiently walked me through the process of BLOGGING. So here goes.......
For those of you who don't know, ragamuffim week is right now. Five grandchildren ages 10, 7, 5, 5 and 3 are spending their spring break with Nana and Papa. It's been anticipated for some time now and is in full swing as I write.
We have a tradition, of sorts, at our house and that is "THE POOP BOX'. It started when my 18 yr old grandson could see no good reason to poop in the toilet...he preferred his pants. So....I conjured up a box filled with treats and let him get in THE POOP BOX when he did his business in the proper container. As each grandchild came along and observed this tradition, it continued down through the years.
This evening Seth sauntered out of the bathroom with a smug smile and announced, "I pooped" glancing up at the place where I keep the poop box. As he rustled through the goodies, Marco and Gus BOTH headed for the bathroom seeing who could be the next one to partake of the sacred box. They love to poop at Nana and Papas.

4 comments:

  1. The intestinal churning has begun!

    I hope there is a big inventory for the infamous poop box on hand. ;)

    Give my babies a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said your 18-year-old grandson would poop in his pants, without actually specifying that he was 4 at the time! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    I hope you didn't have to knock Joel out to get him to sleep. :-)

    Day one for mama:
    Drove home and to Kroger for a few things.
    Got home and immediately picked up, swept the house, put groceries away. Ahhhh - it will still look like this in the morning . . . and afternoon.
    Made blackened chicken alfredo and caesar salad for dinner. Spent time with Brian waiting for Sean to get home. Had dinner with two fabulous men who think they are hilarious.
    Watched a movie.
    Wrote a piece for work.
    Getting ready to go to bed and sleep until my precious body wakes up on its own.
    Thank you for day one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO!!! Yes, I re-read the 18 year pooping in his pants to make sure I wasn't missing something!! NOW, I get it. Thank goodness!! I didn't know that there was a poop box! I'll have to remember that the next time I'm over for dinner!! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! THE POOP BOX!! Since I will be there around lunch time tomorrow, I believe I will drink some prune juice for breakfast so that I will be able to partake of the goodies in the POOP BOX! :)

    See you tomorrow!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete